czwartek, 21 sierpnia 2008
* Jan Madonna and photographer Steven Meisel begin work on a book of erotica and sexual fantasies in Miami, FL.
* (21) A lawsuit is filed against Madonna by 3 ex-dancers: Oliver Crumes, Kevin Stea and Gabriel Trupin - they are charging her with invasion of privacy, fraud and deceit, intentional misrepresentation, suppression of fact, and intentional infliction of emotional distress for exposing their private lives in her 1991 film documentary Truth Or Dare.
* Feb (22) Madonna makes a surprise guest appearance in "Coffee Talk" skit with Mike Myers, Roseanne Arnold and Barbra Streisand on NBC-TV's Saturday Night Live.
* (25) "Madonna: Blond Ambition World Tour Live" wins Best Music Video - Long Form at the 34th annual Grammy Awards at Radio City Music Hall, New York.
* Mar (5) Madonna wins Best-Dressed Female Artist in Rolling Stone magazine's 16th annual Readers Poll.
* (20) Shadows And Fog is released.
* (30) Madonna attends Swifty Lazar's annual post-Academy Awards party at Spago's restaurant, Los Angeles, CA.
* Apr Madonna begins filming Body Of Evidence, co-starring Willem Dafoe and directed by Uli Edel.
* (20) Madonna signs a $60 million, seven-year contract with Time Warner Inc. as a joint venture to form a new multi-media entertainment company: she is made CEO of her own record and music publishing company called Maverick, which will also include TV, film, merchandising and book publishing divisions; she also re-negotiates and extends her contract with Sire Records: a $5 million advance per album, a 20% royalty rate and all her future recordings will be released by Maverick/Sire Records.
* (30) A black bustier worn by Madonna in "Open Your Heart" video is stolen from Frederick's Of Hollywood's lingerie museum during the 3-day riots in Los Angeles, CA.
* May (6) Frederick's Of Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA offers a $1,000 reward for the return of Madonna's bustier.
* (29) The FBI recovers 44 nude photographs of Madonna from a collection used for her upcoming Sex book: a man is arrested in West Hollywood, CA for trying to sell the pictures for $100,000 to an undercover FBI agent.
* Jun (8) Madonna begins recording sessions for Erotica album at Soundworks, New York, NY.
* (16) Madonna and Rosie O'Donnell (co-star of A League Of Their Own) guest together on Fox-TV's The Arsenio Hall Show.
* (18) "This Used To Be My Playground" single (from A League Of Their Own) is released.
* (25) Madonna attends the New York premiere of A League Of Their Own at the Ziegfeld Theatre.
* (30) "This Used To Be My Playground" video premieres on MTV. Madonna contributes a remixed version of "Supernatural" (originally released on B-side of "Cherish" single in 1989) to AIDS benefit CD Red Hot & Dance.
* Jul (1) A League Of Their Own is released nationwide.
* (7) Madonna contributes "This Used To Be My Playground" to Special Olympics benefit CD Barcelona Gold.
* Aug (8) "This Used To Be My Playground" hits US #1.
* (16) "Madonnathon 92: The 1st International Madonna Appreciation Convention" is held at the Holiday Inn, Southfield, MI.
* Sep (10) "This Used To Be My Playground" single is certified gold (500,000 units).
* (23) Madonna is featured in a public service announcement on MTV's Rock The Vote.
* (24) Madonna exposes her breasts in front of 6,000 people at a Jean-Paul Gaultier fashion show benefit at the Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, CA; the show raises $750,000 for the American Foundation For AIDS Research (AMFAR).
* Oct (2) "Erotica" video premieres on MTV.
* (4) Madonna visits Milan, Italy to begin her Sex and Erotica promotional tour: she attends the opening of Milanese Fashion Week and is presented with a Telegatto Award for Best International Female Artist.
* (5) Madonna is guest of honor at a disco party hosted by Italian designers Dolce and Gabbana in Milan, Italy. In US, NBC-TV's Friday Night Videos announces it will not broadcast "Erotica" video because of its controversial images of sex and bondage.
* (7,8) Madonna visits Hamburg, Germany to promote Sex and Erotica.
* (9) In Paris, it is announced that Madonna owes $2 million to the French government in back taxes from 2 concerts in 1987.
* (10) Madonna visits Paris, France on her Sex and Erotica promotional tour.
* (11) Madonna guests on 7 Sur 7 TV show in Paris, France.
* (12) Madonna visits London, England to complete Sex and Erotica promotional tour.
* (13) "Erotica" single is released. Madonna is interviewed on BBC1-TV's Jonathan Ross Presents �
* (14) Madonna denies she owes $2 million to France in back taxes and says: "I think the commissioner just wants to meet me".
* (15) Madonna is guest of honor at her Sex book party at the Industria Superstudio, Manhattan, NY.
* (20) Erotica CD is released.
* (21) Sex, a 128-page book of erotica and sexual fantasies written by Madonna, photographed by Steven Meisel, designed by Fabien Baron and edited by Glenn O'Brien, is released; the spiral-bound, metal-covered book is wrapped in a silver mylar bag with a copy of "Erotica" CD single, an 8-page comic book and priced at $49.95 US. Shadows And Fog is released on home video.
* (22) Sex has sold a record 150,000 US copies on its first day of release.
* (23) In Europe, Sex has sold over 100,000 copies in 2 days: England (100,000), France (25,000) and sold-out in Australia.
* (24) "Erotica" hits US #3.
* (26) In Japan, Sex is banned due to its controversial photos which violate the country's censorship law.
* (30) In Mesa, AZ, public libraries have cancelled Sex book orders after local residents have called to protest its purchase.
* (31) Sex has sold a record 500,000 copies in only one week.
* Nov (1) Sex hits #1 on the Washington Post non-fiction bestseller list.
* (3) Sex is banned in New Delhi, India and police officials announce they will confiscate copies of the book entering the country.
* (7) Erotica hits US #2.
* (8) Sex hits #1 on the New York Times non-fiction bestseller list.
* (16) Madonna attends the New York premiere of Spike Lee film Malcolm X at the Ziegfeld Theatre.
* (21) Madonna is named Most Popular International Solo Female Artist at the 2nd annual Australian Music Awards.
* (24) "Deeper And Deeper" video premieres on MTV.
* (26) In Paris, a Catholic group called The Future Of Culture files 2 lawsuits against Madonna and her publisher for corrupting the French youth with pornography and to have all copies of Sex book destroyed.
* Dec (1) Mayor Tom Bradley of Los Angeles, CA declares this day "Frederick's Of Hollywood Day" to celebrate the return of Madonna's bustier which was stolen on April 30 during the Los Angeles riots.
* (6) Madonna wins Best Female Solo Singer and Most Fanciable Female at the 5th annual Smash Hits Awards in London, England.
* (7) The Future Of Culture group loses a court battle against Madonna to have copies of her book destroyed in France.
* (10) "Deeper And Deeper" single is released. "Erotica" single is certified gold (500,000 units).
* (14) Madonna wins the Sour Apple Award given to a celebrity "who most believes his or her own popularity" from the Hollywood Women's Press Club at the 52nd annual Golden Apple Awards at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, Beverly Hills, CA.
* (19) Sex is voted Hype Of The Year by readers of NME magazine in UK.
* (28) Madonna is named one of the "25 Most Intriguing People In The World For 1992" by People magazine.