czwartek, 21 sierpnia 2008
* Jan (1) Madonna and Guy Ritchie celebrate the new millenium at Donatella Versace's party at the Versace Mansion in Miami, FL.
* (3) In Israel, Madonna is named Female Artist Of The Decade by listeners of Galgalatz radio station.
* (4) Madonna is nominated for 2 Grammy Awards: Best Female Pop Vocal Performance and Best Song Written For A Motion Picture, Television Or Other Visual Media ("Beautiful Stranger").
* (10) Madonna begins filming "American Pie" video in London, England, directed by Phillip Stolzl.
* (14) "Beautiful Stranger" wins Best Song at the 3rd annual Las Vegas Film Critics Society Awards in Las Vegas, NV.
* (18) "Beautiful Stranger" is named the most-played song on UK radio in the year 1999: it was played 44,483 times to an audience of 1,468,204 radio listeners which makes Madonna the first female solo artist to top the Radio Airplay chart in England.
* Feb (2) Madonna is interviewed on ABC-TV's Entertainment Tonight.
* (4) Madonna and Benjamin Bratt (co-star of The Next Best Thing) guest on NBC-TV's The Rosie O'Donnell Show.
* (5) Madonna is a special guest at the 27th annual Evening Standard British Film Awards at the Savoy Hotel, London, England.
* (11) "American Pie" video premieres on MTV.
* (14) Madonna attends the London premiere of film The Talented Mr. Ripley at the Empire Theatre, Leicester Square.
* (22) The Next Best Thing: Music From The Motion Picture soundtrack CD is released and includes 2 new songs by Madonna: "American Pie" (a remake of 1971 Don McLean classic) and "Time Stood Still".
* (23) "Beautiful Stranger" wins Best Song Written For A Motion Picture, Television Or Other Visual Media at the 42nd annual Grammy Awards at the Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA.
* (26) MTV - Top 25 Most Played Music Videos includes "Like A Virgin" #8 and "Vogue" #18.
* (28) "American Pie" single (from The Next Best Thing) is released.
* (29) Madonna and Guy Ritchie attend the New York premiere of The Next Best Thing at the Loews Cineplex Theatre. Madonna Exposed - The Next Best Thing Movie Special premieres on VH1.
* Mar (1) Madonna guests on MTV's Total Request Live (TRL) at the MTV Building in Times Square, New York, NY.
* (2,3) Madonna is interviewed by Matt Lauer on NBC-TV's Today.
* (3) The Next Best Thing is released nationwide. Madonna is featured in an interview on MTV's Fanatic.
* (4) "American Pie" hits US #29.
* (5) The Next Best Thing hits #2 at the US box-office with $5.8 million on its opening weekend.
* (16) The Immaculate Collection is certified 9x platinum (9 million units), Ray Of Light is certified 4x platinum (4 million units).
* (20) Madonna announces she is 3-months pregnant with her second child and the father is Guy Ritchie.
* (23) Madonna and Guy attend the re-opening of the Tate Britain Gallery, London, England.
* (25) Madonna wins a Razzie Award for Worst Actress Of The Century at the 20th annual Golden Raspberry Awards at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel Academy Room, Los Angeles, CA.
* Apr (7) "Beautiful Stranger" wins Best Cinematography In A Music Video at the 9th annual Music Video Production Association (MVPA) Awards at the Directors Guild of America, Los Angeles, CA.
* (20) Madonna begins filming "Music" video in Los Angeles, CA, directed by Jonas Akerlund.
* (25) "Beautiful Stranger" is honored as one of the Most Performed Songs From A Motion Picture at the 15th annual ASCAP Film & Television Music Awards at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, Beverly Hills, CA.
* May (21) The Next Best Thing has grossed a total of $14.9 million US at the box-office.
* (25) "Beautiful Stranger" wins PRS (Performing Rights Society) Most Performed Work at the 45th annual Ivor Novello Awards at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London, England.
* (31) A copy of Madonna's new single "Music" is illegally downloaded on the internet by Napster months before its release date and her record company is threatening legal action.
* Jun (1) Madonna attends a charity dinner hosted by HRH Prince Charles at his Highgrove estate in Gloucestershire, England.
* (6) Madonna attends the London premiere of The Next Best Thing at the Odeon West End Theatre, Leicester Square.
* (7) "Nothing Really Matters" is honored as one of the Most Performed Dance Songs Of 1999 at the 13th annual ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Music Awards in the Hammerstein Ballroom at Manhattan Center, New York, NY.
* (13) Desperately Seeking Susan (1985) is released on DVD.
* (18) In Singapore, Madonna is named Best Female Artist at the 1st annual Radio Music Awards at the Harbour Pavilion.
* Aug (1) The official website www.MadonnaMusic.com is launched by Warner Bros Records.
* (2) "Music" video premieres on MTV.
* (11) Madonna gives birth to a 5-lb, 9-oz boy, Rocco Ritchie, at 11:59 am at Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre, Los Angeles, CA.
* (22) "Music" single is released.
* (24) Madonna files a complaint with the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) of the United Nations for ownership of the internet address www.madonna.com, a pornographic website presently owned by New Jersey entrepreneur Dan Parisi.
* (26) Madonna becomes the first female solo artist to have 10 No. 1 singles in UK with "Music".
* (29) The Next Best Thing is released on home video and DVD.
* Sep (5) "Music" DVD video single is released.
* (16) "Music" hits US #1 for four consecutive weeks - it is her 12th No. 1 and 33rd Top 10 single in US.
* (18) Madonna participates in her first live online chat on America Online (AOL).
* (19) Music CD is released. Madonna attends the Music launch party at the club Catch One, Los Angeles, CA.
* (22) Madonna makes a surprise in-store appearance at the Virgin Megastore, West Hollywood, CA, to sign copies of Music CD.
* (23) "Music" DVD hits US #3 on Top Music Videos chart.
* (24) Music has sold 420,000 US copies in one week and hits #1 in 23 countries such as: Austria, Brazil, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, US.
* (26) Madonna announces she will perform mini-concerts in New York and London clubs in Nov 2000.
* Oct (3) Madonna is certified 5x platinum (5 million units), Something To Remember is certified 3x platinum (3 million units).
* (7) Music hits US #1 for one week - her first No. 1 album in 11 years.
* (10) VH1 - 100 Greatest Dance Songs includes "Vogue" #4 and "Into The Groove" #40.
* (16) Madonna wins her case for ownership of the internet address www.madonna.com and the World Intellectual Property Organization orders businessman Dan Parisi to transfer the site back to her.
* (17) Madonna begins filming "Don't Tell Me" video in Los Angeles, CA, directed by Jean-Baptiste Mondino.
* (24) Madonna contributes "Shanti/Ashtangi" to all-star Tibetan benefit CD Mantra Mix.
* (25) Music is certified 2x platinum (2 million units), "Music" single is certified 1x platinum (1 million units).
* (26) RIAA Top Selling Artists: Madonna is #10 with 57 million certified units in US.
* Nov (1) Guinness World Records: Madonna is the most successful female solo artist for selling 130 million records (singles and albums) and having 35 Top 10 singles and 12 Top 10 albums in US with a UK total of 47 Top 10 singles and 14 Top 10 albums.
* (3) Madonna guests and performs "Don't Tell Me" on CBS-TV's Late Show With David Letterman.
* (5) Madonna performs a mini-concert at the Roseland Ballroom, New York, NY.
* (7) Madonna announces she will perform at Brixton Academy, London on Nov 28 - her first UK concert in 7 years.
* (10) "Music" wins Best Pop Clip Of The Year at the 22nd annual Billboard Video Awards at the Universal Hilton, Los Angeles, CA.
* (11) Madonna guests and performs "Don't Tell Me" on Wetten Dass TV show in Freiburg, Germany.
* (12) Madonna is interviewed on CNN-TV's World Beat.
* (13) Madonna is named Best International Female Artist at the 4th annual Premios Amigo Awards in Madrid, Spain.
* (16) Madonna performs "Music" at the 7th annual MTV Europe Music Awards at the Globe Arena in Stockholm, Sweden and wins 2 awards: Best Female and Best Dance Act.
* (17) "Don't Tell Me" video world premieres on BBC1-TV's Top Of The Pops in London, England.
* (18) Madonna is interviewed on NRJ Radio Show at the Champs Elysées in Paris, France.
* (19) Madonna performs "Music" and "Don't Tell Me" and is interviewed on Nulle Part Ailleurs TV show in Paris, France.
* (20) Madonna is interviewed on TF1's Journal de 20 Heures in Paris, France.
* (24) Madonna performs "Don't Tell Me" on BBC1-TV's Top Of The Pops in London, England.
* (25) Rolling Stone & MTV: The 100 Greatest Pop Songs includes "Like A Virgin" #4, "Vogue" #19 and "Papa Don't Preach" #62.
* (27) "Don't Tell Me" video premieres on VH1.
* (28) Madonna performs a mini-concert at Brixton Academy, London, England, which is webcast live on the internet on Microsoft Network (MSN) at 8:00 pm GMT and seen by 9 million viewers in UK, US and Europe - it is the biggest live webcast ever and breaks the record of 3 million set by Paul McCartney's online concert at Liverpool's The Cavern Club in 1999.
* (30) In UK, Madonna's house is burglarized while she and her family are asleep: reports confirm that thieves stole her boyfriend's Range Rover and various other items; the vehicle is recovered and the matter is being investigated by police.
* Dec (2) Madonna performs "Don't Tell Me" on Carramba Che Fortuna TV show in Rome, Italy.
* (7) Madonna announces her engagement to Guy Ritchie and that they will marry in Scotland on Dec 22, 2000.
* (15) Madonna purchases an $8 million estate in London, England. "Music" is named Single Of The Year by People magazine.
* (17) "Music" is voted Best Pop Single and Best Pop Album in Dotmusic.com Records Of The Year Readers Poll.
* (18) Madonna and her family arrive in Scotland to begin wedding preparations; upon her arrival at Inverness Airport, she is greeted by journalists, fans and a bagpiper who welcomes her with a rendition of "Like A Virgin".
* (21) Rocco Ritchie is baptized at Dornoch Cathedral, Dornoch, Scotland.
* (22) Madonna and Guy Ritchie are married at Skibo Castle in Dornoch, Sutherland, Scotland with Gwyneth Paltrow, Stella McCartney, Sting, George Clooney, Jon Bon Jovi, Celine Dion, Bryan Adams, Rupert Everett and others in attendance.
* (23) Madonna and Guy leave Scotland for their honeymoon: it is reported that they will spend Christmas with Sting and his wife Trudi Styler at their holiday-weekend estate in Wiltshire, England.
* (25) Madonna performs "Music" on a special Christmas episode of BBC1-TV's Top Of The Pops in London, England.
* (29) Madonna is named Woman Of The Year, Hype Of The Year (Madonna at Brixton) and "Music" is named Best Promo Video Of The Year by the writers of Dotmusic.com.
* (30) Madonna wins Top Hot Dance Club Play Artist, Top Hot Dance Club Play Single ("Music") and Top Hot Dance Maxi-Singles Sales ("Music") in Billboard magazine's The Year In Music survey.