czwartek, 21 sierpnia 2008
* Jan (3) Lourdes Maria Ciccone Leon is baptized at St. Jude Melkite Catholic Church, Miami, FL. Evita is released in 20 US cities.
* (5) Evita hits #20 at the US box-office with $2.22 million during its limited weekend release.
* (9) Madonna guests on CBS-TV's The Rosie O'Donnell Show.
* (9,10) Madonna is featured in a 2-part interview with Matt Lauer on NBC-TV's Today.
* (10) Evita is released nationwide.
* (12) Evita hits #2 at the US box-office with $8.4 million on its nationwide opening weekend (704 theatres).
* (13) Madonna is interviewed on CBS-TV's This Morning.
* (14) Madonna is #3 on Mr. Blackwell's 37th annual list of the best-dressed women of 1996.
* (15) Evita wins Best Motion Picture, Musical Or Comedy at the 1st annual Golden Satellite Awards in Los Angeles, CA.
* (19) Madonna wins Best Actress In A Motion Picture, Musical Or Comedy in Evita at the 54th annual Golden Globe Awards at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, Beverly Hills, CA; Evita wins Best Motion Picture, Musical Or Comedy and "You Must Love Me" wins Best Original Song, Motion Picture (Andrew Lloyd Webber & Tim Rice).
* (24) Evita: The Complete Motion Picture Music Soundtrack is certified 1x platinum (1 million units).
* Feb (1) Evita: The Complete Motion Picture Music Soundtrack hits US #2.
* (11) "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" (from Evita) is released as a maxi-single in US.
* (16) Madonna makes a special appearance at Elizabeth Taylor's 65th birthday party at The Pantages Theatre, Los Angeles, CA.
* (24) Happy Birthday Elizabeth: A Celebration Of Life premieres on ABC-TV.
* Mar (1) "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" hits US #8.
* (3) Madonna is named Most Successful International Female Artist at the 6th annual Echo Awards in Hamburg, Germany.
* (14) Madonna wins the American Moviegoer Award for Outstanding Performance By A Female Actor in Evita.
* (18) "Another Suitcase In Another Hall" (from Evita) is released as a UK single.
* (24) Madonna performs "You Must Love Me" from Evita at the 69th annual Academy Awards at the Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, CA and it wins the Oscar for Best Original Song by Andrew Lloyd Webber & Tim Rice.
* (29) "Another Suitcase In Another Hall" hits UK #7.
* Apr (8) Evita: The Complete Motion Picture Music Soundtrack is certified 2x platinum (2 million units).
* (19) Madonna is featured in a special pre-taped video at the 10th annual Nickelodeon's Kids' Choice Awards in Los Angeles, CA.
* (27) Evita has grossed $49 million US and a global total of $140.9 million.
* (29) Madonna contributes "Freedom" (recorded in 1994) to the Rainforest Foundation benefit CD Carnival!.
* May (15) Like A Prayer is named one of the "200 Best Albums Ever Made" by Rolling Stone magazine.
* (19) "You'll See" is honored as one of the Most Performed Songs Of 1996 at the 14th annual ASCAP Pop Music Awards at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, Beverly Hills, CA.
* (20) "Madonna: The Girlie Show - Live Down Under" (1994) is released on DVD.
* Jun (28) Madonna attends the Mike Tyson vs. Evander Holyfield heavyweight fight at the MGM Grand Garden, Las Vegas, NV.
* (30) Madonna begins recording a new album with producer William Orbit at Larrabee Studios North, Los Angeles, CA.
* Jul (16) Like A Prayer is certified 4x platinum (4 million units).
* (28) Madonna writes a one-page tribute to Time magazine in memory of the late Gianni Versace, who was murdered on July 15.
* (29) Evita: Music From The Motion Picture CD (highlights from Evita soundtrack) is released in US.
* Aug (5) Evita is released on home video.
* (19) "Buenos Aires" (from Evita) is released only to club DJs and radio stations in US to promote Evita on video.
* (26) Truth Or Dare (1991) is released on DVD.
* (30) Evita: Music From The Motion Picture hits US #167.
* Sep (3) In an interview with The London Times, Madonna speaks about the death of Princess Diana, who was killed in a car accident in Paris, France on Aug 31, 1997.
* (4) Madonna makes a special appearance to introduce a live performance by Prodigy at the 14th annual MTV Video Music Awards at Radio City Music Hall, New York, NY.
* (8) Madonna attends a memorial service for Gianni Versace at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Manhattan, NY.
* (9) A League Of Their Own (1992) is released on DVD.
* Nov (1) "Buenos Aires" hits #3 on US Hot Dance Music/Club Play chart.
* (3) Madonna attends Marc Jacobs fashion show at the opening of New York City's 7th On 6th annual Fashion Week.
* (13) Madonna, Tina Turner and Courtney Love are photographed on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine's 30th anniversary issue.
* Dec (8) Madonna attends the Gianni Versace tribute at the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute, Manhattan, NY.